Why Writing Matters
Students spend more time writing than ever before! Beyond homework, much of their social interaction involves writing such as texting and posting on social media.
As educators, you know that the ability to write correctly will help your students succeed, not only in school but also at work. Whether your students are English learners or maybe just need a little more practice, Get This Write can help. It focuses on basic English grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling. Designed by English teachers, this online tool addresses common trouble points in learning to write.
Who Can Use Get This Write?
Get This Write can be set up for groups or used by individual learners at an intermediate level or above. This online practice is appropriate for:
- Middle school through adult English learners who speak or read English better than they write it
- English learners who may have studied grammar but do not know how to use elements correctly
- Learners who use the language of texting at school or work instead of standard written English
- Hearing impaired learners
- Students in adult basic education programs